Monday, June 30, 2014

4 Software Programs I Use Most Often

Firefox - I use this at home for everything.  I use the browsers for black board, blogger, finding/reading webpages.  I am new to Firefox, and am more accustomed to internet explorer.

IAFF Pro-Calendar  - I use a lot to view the "known" days of my husband's crazy firefighter schedule, I use this on my Iphone and link it to my google calendar so we can communicate schedules (my work, his work, the kids, my classes).  Going back to school with a busy life is challenging logistically.  As a student, I'm motivated and eager to learn - I feel as if my brain has atrophied, the schedule may kill me!

Microsoft Office - I mainly use word and excel.  Primarily these are for personal use however now that I'm in school, I use them for my classes as well.  I am horrible at excel and need to take a class on just it's uses!

Skype - I have a sister in Alabama, a sister in Texas, and family all over the PNW that I communicate with via Skype.  We've been using that for years as a way to communicate, especially with my children.  However, now that some of us have Iphone's we also use facetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment